Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Cutie Pie Natella

Not to be confused with the chocolate hazelnut goodness that is Nutella.  Totally different.

Jack and I visited his grandparents in Loyalton yesterday and  Natella was there (with mom in tow).  She is our niece.  This was really my first time photographing a baby.  I took her outside to just snap a couple quick pictures.

Ahahah....yeah.

That baby is mobile.

And I was alone.

Needless to say, it did NOT work out.  I couldn't control the milk drooling, grass eating, crawling, wiggly mass of cuteness that is my niece WHILE manually focusing.  It was not happening.

HERE is what I got...these are a few out of maybe 10 pictures from my "little" shoot.  Seriously.  It was hard.



Milk drooling.

Grass eating and crawling.


Wiggly.


Mass of cuteness.




Well, no one can blame me for trying.  :)  I learned a lot from the experience.... the KEY THING being that I cannot take pictures of babies all by myself.  It's impossible.

I just found out the SIMPLY BLOOM (some of my FAVORITE photographers ever) are doing a workshop in Vegas in February!!!  Oh man.. Maybe we'll be rich by then and I can go??  :)  No matter what, it is exciting news.

Be sure to check out my week four photography challenges down below.  :)

1 comment:

Gail said...

I love her eyes in the first picture... not so excited about the drool LOL She must have been drooling because her aunt is one of the best up and coming photographers! And the sleeping one, well, nothing photographs better then a sleeping baby haha