I jump off my bed and frantically look around my room. "My shoe? No, a shoe's not hard enough. These candles? No, of course not!" And then I found my glass vase, the heaviest thing I have in this cave.
My instant thoughts were, "Someone's after my roommates." And then, selfishly, I thought, "I am a sitting duck down here--totally unable to escape." So I grabbed my vase and courage, when inspiration struck. A KNIFE!
I grabbed a knife out of my kitchen drawer, shaking and hoping it was all a mistake. I clutched the glass vase to my chest, holding the knife out and wobbling. I called out, "Hello?!" (That would be the part in a scary movie that everyone in the audience would think, "Stupid girl!")
Gasping for air, and LAUGHING, were three of my roommates. I tried to make sense of all the commotion - apparently someone scared someone else and then someone flung themselves on the floor. All I knew was that the knife in my hand was still outstretched, shaking violently. One roommate looked at me and said, "A steak knife?! And what were you going to do with the vase?!" Oh bother. You try to save someone's life and that's the thanks... :)
And wouldn't you know it, in my delicate state, pajamas (bra-less), hair twisted up in a messy bun, standing in my fear and humiliated by my seemingly poor taste in weapons, was my date for the Sadie Hawkins dance this Saturday. He probably thinks I'm nuts.
I don't think I would change my choice of weapons, except I would grab my phone if I ever experienced something like that again. And a bra? heh! Dang roommates.
Yes. Totally addicted to the Twilight series, by the way.
And, no. I cannot breathe in Reno. It looks like fog, but it burns my throat. I had forgotten how much smoke rolls into this valley when there are forest fires nearby.
2 comments:
That is hilarious! I can just picture you peering around the corner holding out your steak knife!lol! And then your date being there on top of it all is icing on the cake! Too funny! Yeah next time I would definitely grab a bra. It could be a weapon...you could...use it as a sling shot! =)
I love it!!! I wish I had been there! LOL I can totally see you climbing your stairs and trying to sneek up on the perp. (after having announced yourself) LOL
I LOVE your blog your writing is great! Love ya!
Post a Comment