Fourth of July -- it will always be a special day for me. July 4th, 2006 is the day I met with the Stake President and turned in my mission papers. I still wasn't 100% sure if it was what I needed to do, but I did it.
July 4th, 2007 was the best day of my life so far. I was serving in Cape Cod with Sister Overson. She and I volunteered at the town's parade and then went to the ward's BBQ at the Tuckers, who are one of my favorite families.
This is me and Abigail Tucker. She's my hero.
The mission president had given us permission to stay out and watch the fireworks. The Tuckers drove us down to Falmouth beach, along with the Webbs, the Manoses, and a couple other families. It was raining, but we wanted to see the fireworks anyway.
Sister Overson and I.
Jennifer Tucker and I went down to the beach and sat there for a moment. As I sat there, looking at the Atlantic ocean, completely soaked and so thoroughly happy, I remembered the previous year. A feeling of gratitude enveloped me as I realized how important that day had been. And here I was, sitting with people I LOVED, halfway across the world--my desert heart drinking in the ocean scene around me. The was my favorite mission day.
July 4th, 2008
My roommate Alecia, friend Trevor and I went up to Buck's Lake to visit Anika at her cabin. (Anika is another roommie). We drove up Thursday night and slept under the stars. I haven't seen so many stars in years!
It was BEAUTIFUL up there - cool weather, sunshine and happiness. I loved it. I'm posting some pictures and will explain them, though I've typed enough to fill a book so far.
Trevor and I woke up early in the morning on the 4th to drive to this incredible field full of wildflowers. It was so beautiful! Well worth the 5:00 am alarm.
This is Trevor at work. His camera is pretty much huge and would make all my photographer friends happy.
This is my favorite rock. I sat here and daydreamed about dancing through the flowers in a beautiful blue dress. It has to be blue.
Trevor, Alecia and Katie rode bikes to visit Ani at work. I drove Ani's cousins in Trevor's truck. Oh man....I did like driving his truck!!! We "accidently" got lost on the way to Ani's workplace.
Anika :)
The oh-so-attractive Trevor
Stacy is in the middle. She came up later on Friday. Okay, so, all in all there were 15 people crammed into their cabin...at it was so fun!
Alecia with her CRAZY eyes...
Drew, Ani's brother. I think he's supposed to be a monkey??
Yo.
They played with the soccer ball...
And wrapped up Stacy and tickled her 'til she almost peed her pants.
Soccer again.
We hiked up to a cliff and the girls whistled along the way.
Aren't we cute??
Alecia working it with Trevor's camera
Trevor trying to sneak his arm around Alecia... I've never met a bigger flirt...
Stacy and Katie
This is where we slept...on the back porch under hundreds of thousands of stars. The sun would warm our faces in the morning and it was perfect.
I have to mention, also, that Trevor and I went canoeing on the lake, and that was perfect, too. I've never been before and it was all that I had ever imagined. Except I needed a book. :)
What a great 4th of July!
1 comment:
So beautiful!!!! This looks like a great trip. I went on a trip like this with friends to a cabin in Brian Head. There were huge snowbanks and field of snow. We went snowshoeing, and there was a hot tub. So of course we ran outside in our bathing suits and rolled around in the snow before we jumped into the hot tub!!!
Angie
Post a Comment