Thursday, May 15, 2008

Reno

     There's just something about Reno...   

It's like the white mountains cry out for you.  The desert flowers call you back.  Lake Tahoe winks seductively at you and the snow, sun, wind and scent clings to you.  Everything is in Reno-- small streets of Boston, breezes of Cape Cod, summer nights of childhood softball and the familiarity of home.                     

I'm going back.  I thought it might be in future years, with kids and love in tow.  Now was not my time for Reno and I still wonder if it is.  But, I'm going back.  The difference, though--Reno doesn't own me anymore.  I call the shots.  I say when enough is enough.  And though the mountains may cry for me and the desert call me back, I have the power to say, "Silence!"

  

2 comments:

Kerri Marie said...

WOW!!! Made me want to go back!!! humph I miss reno!! But you still suck for leaving! =P


Very moving speach by the way, so when are you going to write a best seller?!

D'On Marx said...

Um...so when did you decide to move to Reno??