Sunday, May 11, 2008

New England vacation part 2

Due to popular demand, here is part two of my vacation...

I'm home and suffering from jetlag.  And my dad is currently accusing me of eating his Good & Plenty, when my guilty brother is sitting there "innocently"--not fessing up.  lol...  oh dad.

Highlights from the trip include the following:
  • Walking through the Sacred Grove in Palmyra, New York.  (It was actually quite sweet when my dad started panicking because my mom walked off and he couldn't see her anymore.  "She's lost!"  Yeah.  Lost in the Sacred Grove.  hah)
  • Standing in Joseph Smith's house as the Elder shared with us the First Vision and just feeling, "This is true.  I know."  What a GREAT feeling!
  • Listening to my brother Dustin and my Uncle Kenny making turkey noises.  Would you believe the tom followed Dustin?  I think he (the turkey) was in love.
  • Dustin and Uncle Kenny's satisfaction knowing that a part of them is now in the Atlantic Ocean, Niagara Falls, and the Susquehanna river -- if you know what I mean....  (They didn't know it was the Susquehanna river when they were doing their business.)
  • Playing on the beach, knowing I was allowed to now!  YES!!  (The water was FREEZING!  Probably literally)
  • Seeing the AMAZING New York countryside.  (MA is still better.  :)  GO SOX!)
  • Hanging out in Cooperstown, NY...where baseball is the name of the game.  It's a magical place.  And I could wear my Red Sox hat in NY...sweet vengeance.
  • Getting SOAKED on the Maid of the Mist at Niagara Falls...it was the most incredible thing ever.  Seriously incredible.
  • Eating fried green tomatoes and sweet potato fries.  DELICIOUS!!
  • New England, in general.  I love the trees, the houses, the people, the accents, the sarcasm and frankness, the air, the water.  Everything about it is like my second home.  I love that place like no other!
As we flew over the states on the way back to Vegas, I determined -- just about everywhere has more trees than Nevada.  Except, perhaps, Arizona.  My next stop.  Sheesh.

The trip was amazing and I'll try to post pictures soon.  I'm not so great at this blogging thing.

2 comments:

D'On Marx said...

I'm so jealous!! I wish I could have gone! Next time you plan a trip like that, invite me, -k-?

Glad you had fun, though!!

Kerri Marie said...

Sounds like a blast. And when those tow guys get together I swear they turn into a bunch of teenagers! LOL Wish i could have been there. =) and I can't wait to see all your pictures.