Saturday, June 5, 2010

Days with my BFF - the BEST!

Not too long ago Jack and I drove down to Sacramento for the day... just to get out of Reno.

Jack is so fun!

Love his guts.

And everything else about him.

ANYWAY, we met up with Drew while there, had some lunch and walked around Old Town Sacramento.  I have to admit, the shops just weren't that cool.  Drew went on his way and Jack and I tried to find a theater to watch Robin Hood or Iron Man 2 (we had free tickets -- THANKS DARRELL AND ANGIE!!)

And let me tell you... ADVENTURE it was!

Pictures:

At our not-so-great lunch restaurant, they did have one great thing: Area 51


Awesome architecture at Old Town Sac

Okay, so here's where adventure begins.  We had mapped out the specific theater we needed to go to in order to use our free tickets.  This theater was supposedly near our dinner restaurant (where I was to get a free dinner for my b-day).

We got SUPER lost on the way to the theater.  And then the gas light came on...
and wouldn't you know it?  There was not a gas station to be found!  I thought for sure we were going to have to walk around all of Sacramento to find some gas.  We found a gas station, filled up.  Jack has a 10 gallon tank.  We had used 9.97 gallons -- NO JOKE!  lol... good times.

We got to the theater only to find that they weren't showing either movie we wanted to see.  So, frantically, we called D'On.  THANK YOU D'ON!!!  She was our life saver!  She found a theater we could use the tickets at, showing the movies we wanted to see.  It was clear on the other side of town.  Yikes!

So we decided to go to the restaurant and see the movie afterward. But the restaurant had apparently shut down and Google maps hadn't updated.  We called D'On again.  No answer.

We called my mom.  THANK YOU MOM!!!  Another life saver.  We then stopped by Walmart to buy us a map.

We watched the movie Robin Hood (and liked it a lot) and headed to the restaurant, Black Angus.

We got there at 9:30 pm and so we were one of only a few people in the restaurant.  They spoiled us BIG TIME!

Apparently, if it's your first time, they give you a free appetizer.

Then, I had a free steak dinner because of my b-day.  (No measly steak, either).

They also gave me a free dessert for my b-day.

THEN, because they were closing, they gave Jack a free refill on his drink (which was huge) and an extra potato.

OH!  I just remembered -- that AWESOME green hat in perfect condition Jack is wearing in the picture.  Another yard sale find.  $1!  I know.  Amazing.
We only paid $25 for a drink, an appetizer, two steak dinners, and dessert.  We had so much food that we were able to have a full meal out of leftovers the next night!  NICE!!

We highly recommend Black Angus, by the way.



Then we drove home in a blizzard.  Again, no joke.





For no particular reason, here is this picture:
One night Jake decided to curl right up next to me and lay his head on my shoulder.  Funny dog.

2 comments:

Mitchell Madness...or lack there of :) said...

Lol..sounds adventurous! Glad you didn't have to walk to find gas :) Thank goodness for family that will jump online for you!

D'On Marx said...

Sorry I wasn't home when you called again. Jason and I were getting ready to leave somewhere when you called the first time. I meant to tell you to call me on his phone, but I forgot. Sorry. BUT I'm glad you guys were able to have a good time and finally get to see a movie. YIPEE!