Friday, April 30, 2010

If the world were perfect...


I guess I should really title this, "My idea of my own perfect world."  OR "The reason I chose Jonesie's angry eyes to be at the top of this post."

My perfect world would include:

No need for money
Unlimited amount of time to spend with Jack
Warm days, cool evenings, slight breezes.

But the world is not perfect.  And I got a less-than-desirable evaluation at work that hurt me deeply.  And Jack has to leave me for the weekend for that evil place called his job.  And we need money, all the time, for everything, which means we can't both quit our jobs and live on love.

Today sucked.

So I baked a German Chocolate Cake and finished the craft I've started forever ago.


I copied this wreath and love it.  L.O.V.E it!  I got the butterflies from The Gilded Bee.  They were fun to get in the mail.  The Gilded Bee packaged them so beautifully, I felt like it was Christmas!

You know, there is so many good things in my life.  I love my little family (i.e. Jack and the pups).  I love my extended family, too, which is why you should pray for Jack's step-dad.  He's been in the hospital on life support for a week now.  They don't know how to fix him yet.


This is how I feel.  Let me explain.

This picture was taken the day before our crazy wind storm.  The 107 mph gusts crazy wind storm that blew over old trees and trucks and knocked out power to a good portion of Reno.

I feel like this tree.  Little buds of good things cover my life.  Little buds of happiness.  And hope.  And a few sunshiney days warm me up and more little buds pop up.

BUT then a huge storm comes and whips me all around.

A few days of warm sunshine.

Then ANOTHER storm to freeze my little buds of hope right off.

A few more days of warm sunshine.

Another storm.



I wish summer would just freakin' come.



3 comments:

Amber and David said...

Oh, Danielle! I'm so sorry to hear about Jack's stepdad! It sounds like you've been having it rough! I can't even tell you how many times I wished we could just live on love, but alas, money is a necessity we can't go without! =( I L.O.V.E your wreath and I am going to copy yours exactly! Where did you get the flowers and such? I love you lady, summer will come, endure with patience (your strong point huh?) loves!

D'On Marx said...

I'm so sorry. I'm sorry to hear about Jack's step-dad. That's not good to hear. I know and feel your pain with money and spending more time with the one you love. I have been completely stressed for like 2 weeks now. If you need to talk, let me know. How's the business coming along? BTW - I LOVE your wreath. It's beautiful.

DANIELLE said...

Amber (if you see this) -- I got the flowers in Elko. :) BUT they're just scrapbooking flowers with fancy pushpins for the middles. That's how I held them in the wreath. I got the pushpins at Wal-Mart, I think. Just FYI.