Monday, April 19, 2010

I'm stuck.

At work.  With nothing to do and no one's blogs to stalk.  THIS is a bad time to give up decorating blogs. 

I just finished this book:


It's a wonderfully delicious book.  I had read it my freshman year (in college) and loved it.  I decided it was time to refresh, and I'm so glad I did.  It's a super easy read (I read it in about 3 hours.  At work.  Yeah.)  It's not the typical princess story in some ways, but it still has all those delicious aspects of a princess book I love.  The same aspects that make the Goose Girl so delightful.

Amethyst, or Amy, is the seventh princess and destined to be beautiful and extraordinary like her six sisters.  A fairy comes during her christening and gives her the gift of being ordinary.  And she is a wonderful little ordinary princess, with freckles and an upturned nose, tan skin, callused hands (due to sneaking out into the forest at night and climbing trees) and mouse-colored hair.  And, in the way of all princess books, there is a delightful surprise at the end of the story (though you can probably guess what it is).  I will not tell.  Read it and love it.

OOOOOOHHHHHH how I wish I could go home.  Seriously.



No comments: