Yep.
Today was UNR's graduation and we knew THREE people in it -- and we forgot.
You have to cut us some slack. There were a number of issues that lent itself to the forgetting.
1.) Sleep.
Dogs woke me up twice. Jonesie kept gagging (more to come on that). Jake needed to potty. Etc. Etc.
Jack got about four hours of sleep yesterday before going to work. Today, he got MAYBE two. I don't know how he's going to last the night. *Hopefully* his sick stomach really does make him throw up and he'll get to come home. Considering he's been there for almost six hours already, it's doubtful. (By the way, the doctors still don't know what's wrong with his stomach. They did give him some meds to help ease some pain, and ordered a TON of tests. He goes to a specialist hopefully next week.) We like sleep.
2.) This cutie:
I'm not gonna lie, I wish she were still THIS cute. All small and soft and easy to pick up. ANYWAY, she started gagging last night, and was clearly having a hard time because she was eating whatever little (tiny) tufts of grass we have. She never threw up, but kept gagging over and over again. Through the night, etc.
So, this morning, she was drooling like CRAZY. Sweet Jonesie is our natural drooler. She doesn't do it around the house, just in the car, or if people are over for a long time. She really does have anxiety problems, I think. On with the story... she was drooling WAY more than she ever does, leaving little pools on the floor. Jack called our vet, but they were closed today. So we took her to another vet.
I didn't think our vet was amazing ... until we went to this clinic. I wished sooo bad our clinic was open. It took FOREVER to finally get her in and we barely saw the actual vet. They didn't give the dogs any treats or anything. It just wasn't the same. Our vet... oh, she is good. So sweet with the dogs and so nice to us. We get lots of time with the actual vet and the clinic is practically sterile. No other dog's hair, etc. Whatever. They were closed, I need to get over that. I mean, this new vet knew her stuff I guess, but it wasn't the same and she even almost accused us of not being current on their shots (including rabies) even though it was in their paperwork. Grr.
Story FINALE -- Jonesie is fine. She had to have a (very expensive) x-ray and it didn't show anything. The vet prescribed some medicine to help soothe whatever might be going on. She said she thinks Jonesie may have just eaten something that irritated her. So, she's on meds and will hopefully not gag through the night.
Funny to me: Jack and Jonesie are both taking the same pills to help ease their stomach issues. Funny, no?
AAAANNNND
3.) The house.
It's an excuse, really. I hate to admit it, but if you're continuing reading all this verbage, I might as well tuck the real excuse in here. I'm going through a serious bout of depression. So my desire to see/talk/whatever with people except Jack and my (Crowther/Laub) family is pretty much null and void. It's a very long, complicated, would-take-too-much-time to explain the range of my emotions, but there you have it. I've debated putting something so personal on the blog, but it's more like my journal and there's only a handful of people who read this, so I think it's okay. And I suppose it's time to get some support or something. I don't know if I could handle any "you're gonna get through this" or "hang in there" type stuff or whatever. I just need people to understand why I suck as a friend anymore... and accept it. :) And, frankly, my house keeps my mind occupied. So, there.
Here's where the entryway started:
Halfway through the process:
And tonight:
I like it. And it wasn't nearly as complicated or stupid as I thought it would be. There are some finishing touches still needed to be done, but for the most part, it's done and I'm happy.
So, although none of the graduates excpet perhaps Elyse reads this blog, I'd just like to say CONGRATULATIONS and such and stuff!
(I think I lost my graduation pictures when my computer crashed. Hmm... I'll have to check on that, because that would be sad.)
I can't stop typing. It's like an addiction.
I'm done now.
P.S. My b-day is in two days and I CANNOT wait for Kerri to come visit. Like, wish-with-all-my-might-she-and-TJ-just-freakin'-lived-up-here CANNOT wait.

2 comments:
SO are those real tile or the vinyl tile? Both are difficult but if you groutted you are truly amazing!! =)
I hope they found out what the deal is Jack. Hope he starts feeling better.
Glad to hear that Jonsie's doing better.
Oh Danielle! I just wanna give you a hug. :) I know what you're going through. I wish I knew how to help you feel better. So sorry.
Your tile (or vinyl) looks great! Makes me very dreamy with my home. One day (and a million dollars later) and can start working on some things.
Post a Comment