Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Everybody's Free to Wear Sunscreen

In my frantic GRE studying, I came up with a brilliant idea the other day -- study at LAKE TAHOE!  I mean, why not?!  So, I packed my beach bag and headed to Sand Harbor.


It was beautiful!  70 degrees, beach bums everywhere.  I got to use my fluorescent yellow and orange beach blanket.  I stretched out, opened my study guide and worked to my heart's content.

Then it started getting pretty hot.

I looked down.

PINK.

And I hadn't even spent enough time there to feel satisfied that my $8 parking pass wasn't going to waste.

So, I stayed a little longer and envisioned my future best friend--Aloe Vera gel.

It's always a mystery how one side of my leg can turn stop-sign red, but the other side can be white, white, white, with a perfect line down differentiating the sides.

P.S. I should be studying for the GRE right now.  I take it on Saturday and am officially panicking.  Pray for me!!!

I'm posting this video of one of my favorite "songs" from high school:
EVERYBODY'S FREE TO WEAR SUNSCREEN

(you have to love the spanish subtitles!)

3 comments:

Maw Books said...

Good luck Danielle! On both the GRE and the sunburn!

Stephanie said...

Hey good luck, let me know how it is, I am supposed to take it soon, too. but I am dreading it, I hate tests.
Oh and sunburns suck, but way to study where it is nice.

D'On Marx said...

Hate tests, so good luck with that. (actually, I think I'm a little late)

shmuburns, sunburns!Ha! I've had a few already this summer. I'm sure it's not good for the skin. :) BUT, I just spent a week at Lake Powell and got more tan and no burn. Lovin' it! BTW - Thank you for the b-day wishes!!