so, i'm confused.
it seems like there is this funny little thing happening in my life that i just can't make sense of yet.
girls, like myself, keep hearing the good ol' excuse, "you're too good for me. you deserve better..." and then those guys go choose girls who are a little less than stellar. which, of course, leaves girls like me, you know, still single.
it is just me, or does this seem a little, uh, wrong?
i don't want to hear, "you deserve better than him anyway." i just want to understand this phenomenon.
does anyone know enough about the male species to please enlighten me? anyone?? anyone AT ALL??
2 comments:
I have some words of wisdom for you from the Epistle of Danielle it reads: "Boys are dumb" Hope that helps :)
A few thoughts:
1) I have a friend who says, "When someone tells you what kind of a person they are, believe them." When you said that the guys were saying "You deserve better..." well, I guess we have to believe them. Maybe they don't want to live a covenant-keeping, goal-oriented, or whatever-other-type-they-don't-buy-into life? I have friends who are dealing with the heartache of their husbands leaving the church, or addicted to video games, or other paralyzing trials that will harm their children. It is so hard to be"still single," but it is infinitely better than to be married to a man who has a different idea of what life should be.
2) There are men who do want to keep their covenants with the Lord, who want an intelligent wife, who have a sense of humor, who believe in God's plan. And they want to marry a woman who is on the same level! Whenever I felt like giving up or giving in, I told myself that I didn't want to fall behind my future husband and miss out on him!
3) I am still amazed that I married a Mormon. There are millions (hundreds of thousands?) of wonderful Mormon men, but before Darrell I had never met one that I truly related to. And if someone were to write a description of each of us, on paper we don't seem like a good match. But we see the world exactly the same way!!! Who would've known, except God?
4) Which brings me to the one great regret of my life: I wish, wish, wish that I hadn't wasted so much time worrying about stuff. I haven't learned this lesson yet. Why must I worry whether/when/if things will work out, when God has shown me throughout my whole life that He is with me and turning all things to my good! In the case of marriage and men, I see now how the struggles I had when I was single have made marriage easier. What does your patriarchal blessing say? God keeps all of His promises. All of them. What looks impossible right now is going to happen, because our God is so good and so powerful.
5) The two traits in a man I didn't think about when I was single: hard-working and good father. But I thank God every day that my husband has those traits. I never would have thought to even want them, but they have turned out to be the most important of all. I tell you this to say that God knows you so well. He has amazing blessings waiting for you that are beyond your imagination. You don't even know how to ask for the vast and beautiful blessings that are waiting for you. But you do know how to trust your Father to guide you and bring these things "to pass" (1 Nephi, 2 Nephi, Jacob, Enos.....).
6) And don't ever forget about sex appeal - men aren't looking for perfection, just attraction. A little bit of leg and a lot of flirting never hurt. :-)
Angie
Post a Comment