Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Goodness of God

I was going through my study journals from the mission on Sunday. One section was fully devoted to little insights I was given--times when I saw the bigger picture of my life, had questions answered that I'd been asking for years, times when the scriptures spoke to me. As I was reading it on Sunday, my heart expanded and I felt so blessed.

I've been praying for a little while that I could have a friend, someone to do things with and talk to and play with. Not a serious relationship, but one to fill the loneliness for awhile. That prayer has been answered.

I also ran into my old boss from Deseret Book. He's moved down to Vegas and works in the marketing department of Cumorah Credit Union. He said, "Danielle, if you would have called me I would have given you a job!" I have no doubt that he would have, too. He told me that if I ever decide to move back down to Vegas, I need to call him and he'll get me a job. After that, I felt like a huge door had been opened. NOT that I'm planning on moving home, but to have that option should I need it felt like such a huge blessing.

Yes, I feel very lucky.

2 comments:

D'On Marx said...

The hymn "Count Your Blessings" comes to mind when I read that. Is it appropriate to say congratulations?

Thanks for all the memories on my blog!

Darrell Crowther said...

This was a beautiful post to read. You'll probably reap blessings from your mission all your life, don't you think?

Any more details about your new "friend"?

And if you do consider a move to Las Vegas, DO NOT do it in August. Ugh. It is so hot.

Angie