Tuesday, September 25, 2012

that was a disaster...

I'm home sick today, so I thought I'd do a little photo archiving, and move all the pictures from my laptop to Jack's hard drive.  I then was going to organize all the photos by month and year, then burn to CD.

Sounds awesome, right?

Well, somehow, I deleted all the pictures from my laptop.

That means all the pictures from our wedding.
My mission.  Again.
Puppies.
Babies.
Vacations.
Honeymoon.
My garden.
Everyday stuff.

Poof.  Gone.

The lesson I learned?  Don't go deleting folders if you don't know what they mean.
And don't hit "Yes, I understand that by emptying the trash can I will forever relinquish all memories I've ever created with my camera."

Ugh.

I would add a picture to this post, but, you know...

3 comments:

Derek & Rachel said...

Hey! Don't do anything else on your computer until you run a file recovery program, the files are still there, they are just marked as non-existent by the OS. try something like http://www.pandorarecovery.com/ it is not the best but it is free and it might save you tons of heart ache! Just stop copying anything to your computer so you won't overwrite whats there!
Good Luck!
Derek

Kerri Marie said...

take it into geek squad and see if they can recover them. as long as the hard drive hasnt wiped i bet they can. sorry you have to go through that.

D'On Marx said...

Oh man! I bet you cried. I know I would have. That's what I don't like about digital cameras. A press of a button and they are gone OR your computer just crashes and....gone. I'm so sorry. I agree with the other two. They are still floating around on your computer, you just either take to someone to find them or Jack. Because he's a computer genius. Good luck. Luvs ya!