Sunday, July 25, 2010

Course of events...

July has been full of ups and downs.

Like way, way up and WAY, WAY down.  Think bipolar.

That's been our month.

Week 1:  Anniversary week, Buck's Lake, Flamin' Hot Cheetos, swimming, hiking, napping, reading... good week.  Let's ignore the little detail of Jack's timing belt breaking while his brother was driving it in California, thus costing us a car and all the expenses to haul it back to Reno and fix it.  Let's ignore that.  We did.

Week 2: An openly annoying exchange of several cars during the week, an estimation of the cost of fixing Jack's car, missing my family a ton, walking 3 miles in the afternoon sun after one of the borrowed cars wouldn't turn on (loooong sob story), dumb jobs, car troubles some more, and did I mention dumb jobs??  I think I might have.  Just in case I didn't.  Dumb jobs.  OH YEAH, and finding out that the one job I'm TOTALLY qualified for and wanted soo desperately won't/can't interview me because of a state test score.  Another looong sob story.  This week sucked, but don't worry folks.  I cried enough that week to make every sob story live up its implied drama.  I did do some art projects around the house.  You know, to ease the depression.  Gosh this week sucked.

Week 3:  Frenchmen's Lake, picnics, dog parks, Truckee River downtown, Artown, sleeping in, slaying zombies, watching movies, snuggling, making homemade ice cream and a turkey just for the love of it.  This week made the previous week WORTH IT.  'Nuf said.

Week 4:  We'll see!!!  I hope with all my might it's not another Week 2, because I have no more vacation time to make it all worthwhile.  :)

SO, if you made it through this terribly long post, you can do one of many things:
1.) eat some ice cream
2.) go to the bathroom
3.) click on the links above to read all my fancy new posts with PICTURES!!
4.) just keep reading to see all my fancy new posts with PICTURES!!
5.)  go to bed.

I choose option #5.

1 comment:

D'On Marx said...

I heard about your bad week. So sorry it went that way, but it looks like you guys made up for it with all those trips. So fun.