Let's start with the cuties first:
At 1 month - August 2009
At 4 months - November 2009
Jonesie
Jake
Today - at 7 months. (YES it's snowing. More about that on another post)
We wonder if they are going to grow any taller. From 4 months to 7 the only thing that has grown is their teeth, it seems...
Now, onto the house:
Remember when I was working on these??
Here's what it looks like now. Better, yeah?? (Still need different doorknobs - NO MORE BRASS!)
Then I started on something new. The kitchen... oh wow.
This was taken before we bought the house, through the front window. :)
Before the oven and fridge (and paint)
Shortly after we moved in
See? The floor isn't even quite done being put in.
Awhile back I decided to paint the insides of the cabinets rather than put in tacky shelf paper. WHAT A PAIN IN THE NECK! Oh that was a struggle.
I must have lost my mind. Here's why:
I must have lost my mind. Here's why:
So the other day, I said to Jack, "What do you think about painting the cabinets??" He didn't care.
Thus, primer.
Sanding and priming and painting and painting and painting.... See, the thing about veneer is, it sucks. Paint does not stick to it. One little scratch and all the painting was for nothing. But, I persisted on, and sprayed some clear enamal over the top. That helps a little. Screwing the doors back on... oooohhhh man. *sigh* BUT here's the almost final version.
And, yes, CHALKBOARD on the inside. That makes me happy.
There's still more to be done. I didn't paint the insides of some cabinets, so I still need to paint those.
And I'm going to put a curtain under the sink rather than doors.
All in all, I really like it. Let's pray they hold up!! (Don't mind the dirty dishes in the pictures. That will be the final After pic)
Then there's these beauties we found at a trash can behind Smith's:
Love them!
Every once in awhile I like to look back at where we started so I can feel like I actually accomplished something.
Taken before we bought it through the front window.
Walls primed and carpet etc. ripped out. This REALLY reminds me of how much work we've done.
I'm pointing out the unfinished ceiling. Popcorn ceiling GONE. Thanks to Dustin and Uncle Kenny for giving us the beautiful textured ceiling we have now. :)
There's my before and afters for now.
Now I need a massage.
(Jack.)










2 comments:
I love the befores and afters! It all looks so pretty!!
Great job with the cupboards. I keep debating if I want to paint ours or not. I just can't decide if I want black or white. I LOVE the chalkboard idea. I saw a blog that put a metal sheet on the inside for magnetic spices, coupons....etc. BTW, I would like that copy of Kayden with the puppies. SUPER CUTE!! lol. Seeing him all caged up is nice. JUST KIDDING.
Post a Comment