My 30th birthday was probably my favorite birthday celebration of all time. I think about it all the time (and talk about it a lot, according to Jack). It was just a lovely experience. We read, built big fires, walked along the coast, went to a farmer's market, played games, explored Glass Beach. There were so many cool things that happened.
One of my favorite moments during the trip happened right after a most gorgeous sunset on my birthday night. We went to a little ice cream shop and went outside to light the celebratory candles. We sang happy birthday to me and, in true birthday style, I made a wish. Then we heard this thumping sound. A young couple eating dinner at a restaurant next to the ice cream shop saw our little birthday candle celebration. When we turned toward the sound, they yelled out HAPPY BIRTHDAY through the window. It was awesome.
What was your favorite birthday experience?
From Fort Bragg/Mendocino, May 2013:
P.S. My 31st birthday is in one month! I wonder what place we'll discover this year?
2 comments:
ooo...how fun! My most memorable was going to Macayo's for my 10th with Aunt Cathy, Kerri and Carla and a wonderful stranger gave me a note with a $10 bill in it. I had wanted to go to Macayo's for every birthday since that moment. lol. Yeah, that didn't happen.
I totally remember that happening! Quite memorable indeed!
Post a Comment