But, in the midst of recognizing that other people have more difficult problems than me, this is still my blog and I still want to share stories from my life. Because stories are important, too.
My house flooded yesterday.
Well, kinda. We had a pipe burst that ran up to the swamp cooler on our roof and it wreaked havoc. Like serious, "I don't want to be a homeowner anymore" type havoc.
Even as I type this, there are giant fans making really strange noises all over my house. I am missing walls and flooring and a ceiling. And it is my understanding that soon I may not have a kitchen. (I am really hoping that our kitchen flooring has to go, but that has not been confirmed yet.)
I took looots of pictures to share with you all, even if you don't care. But, if you're reading this, then you probably do care. I like that. Thank you. I will give you a "Tour of the House -- as it presently stands" with an understanding and hope that there may be some disaster areas NOT related to the ol' flood, if you know what I'm saying. (Read as: Jack and I are big lazy slobs that aren't very good at keeping a clean house, but it works for us since we never have people over.)
I've always been meaning to give a "house tour" like Young House Love, and three years later I get to give it. Though, I guess someday I'll have to do the "after" pictures as well, since these ones strongly resemble pictures from our first year married.
Why is it that everything Jack and I spent countless sleepless days and nights fixing up during our first year of marriage are what has been affected? Sad irony.
That kitchen floor just has to go. End of story.
5 comments:
I'm so sad to hear this. This is NOT what you guys need right before the holidays. Will your Home Owner's Insurance cover it?
THANKFULLY our insurance will cover everything past our $1,000 deductible. Even though that's a ridiculous amount of money, we're super glad it will cover everything else... because this will go well beyond the deductible.
So sorry you guys! Wish we were closer to help out.
Me too! haha
Post a Comment