Saturday, April 7, 2012

K Family and My 8-Step Process

The two best-looking people I know (besides Jack, of course) asked me to take pictures for them today.  

Behold:




Um, okay.  Not fair, right?!

BUT, then you add their ridiculously adorable children?!




That is one good-lookin' family.



 (He loved being on her shoulders... easy access to her hair.  haha)

OH my word he's cute!

 (Their facial expressions KILL me in this one.)






AAAANNNNDDDD... the final picture which makes me laugh every.single.time:

BWAHAHAHA



Okay, so here's my process:

Step One:  Prior to the photo shoot, obsess over it.

Step Two: At the photo shoot, fail to direct the people I'm photographing.  Or fail to focus.  Or both.

Step Three:  After the photo shoot, get super depressed.  Sometimes, cry.  (I'm not sure why-- unmet expectations?  Frustration at not coming even close to the vision?  Don't know.)

Step Four: Swear off photographing other people.

Step Five: Let several months go by and let up on practicing.

Step Six:  Look at pictures of photo shoot, and realize I love them even if they aren't perfect.


Step Seven:  Wish I could photograph people.


Step Eight:  Get asked to photograph people, have anxiety attack, say yes anyway.


AND repeat.






Maybe it's normal???





4 comments:

Kerri Marie said...

Your pictures are always amazing! Wish I could come be your helper and position people for you. =) Had sop much fun doing that with Missy! =) Love you and you always do awesome. Stop being so hard on yourself. (I know that's rough to do T.J. always soys I judge my self to harshly, so yeah that's normal) Love ya!

D'On Marx said...

These pictures are adorable! I love the one with the sister making brother sniff the flower. LOL!

Boy, your process hits too close to home. BUT we need to keep on it. You do a great job. I wish I had your talented eye. It tells you something when people ask you to take their pictures. They notice your talent and obviously love it or the wouldn't have asked. I don't get that for myself. That just tells you something there.

Gail said...

Good job! no wonder you're being asked to do photo shoots <3

Melissa B. said...

Your crazy! Your pictures are fantastic! I know it's hard not to do, but don't be so hard on yourself!