Monday, April 30, 2012

I just can't help myself

If you think the number of pictures I post of my animals, Jack, or our yard is bad... just you wait until I have kids!





Signs of spring 



 haha!  What dorks!



Jake loves this.  You can tell... 





This captures Jonesie's true personality... always that dang tongue is out! 


We built a second huge raised bed, but this time we built a false bottom so we didn't have to fill the bottom with rocks.  :) 




Plum blossoms.  This is a pretty ugly tree, but for about 2 weeks it is gorgeous and smells divine.  
Worth it! 



 We've been having lovely weather!


 Look at those gargantuan tulips!  I've never seen tulips so tall!


 Craigslist took me to an awesome horse boarding place with mounds of composted manure.  We definitely took advantage.
On another note, notice how much greener our grass is from two pictures up?  Nature amazes me.  (Okay, okay... we did also fertilize in between these two pictures, too.  That probably helped.)


 My version of the pinterest yarn thing.  Downfall?  I have yarn bits all over my yard.  I choose to believe that birds are actually using the bits for their nests, but in reality, I'm not so sure...


 Chives from the neighbor!  (Am I supposed to do something with the bulbs on top??)


Raised bed with sheet composting... getting it ready for tomatoes!

 Raised beds in the front yard.  These will hold cantaloupe, watermelon, and strawberries.  They obviously still need to be leveled.  Also, our grass in the front is MUCH greener now, too.

Yesterday I cleaned up our rose bed.  It looks so much better now!  (Sorry the picture doesn't really show how much BETTER it looks now.  You'll just have to trust me on this.)


It has been a wonderful couple weekends.  Working outside does wonders for my mood!  

And soon, very soon, all the heavy duty work outside (shoveling and hauling rocks, mainly) will be DONE and all that will be left is buying plants.  CAN'T WAIT!  We probably won't buy all the plants I want this year, but at least next year there won't be so much prep work.

If you made it to the end of this post, pat yourself on the back.  There's a lot of pictures!

2 comments:

D'On Marx said...

I'm jealous of your garden. You are movin' right along with it. Tell the hubs hi from me!

Mitchell Madness...or lack there of :) said...

Love the pictures! I wish I had more free time to garden and play in the yard. :) Your garden/flowers look great!