Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Valentine's Day (Part II)

Sorry this has been so long coming.  With Jack's birthday and an out-of-town experience, I just didn't get to my favorite part about Valentine's Day.

Jack is the sweetest man alive.

There is a sandwich shop in town -- Roses -- that is sooo good that has become the running joke between me and a coworker.  One day Jack said he'd bring me lunch, so I told my coworker he was bringing me Roses.  She responded, "Oh how sweet!  My guy never brings me flowers."  hahah...

On Valentine's Day, this same coworker wondered out loud if anyone would get flowers.  To which she said, "If anyone will, it will be Danielle.  You guys are the cutest couple ever."  I chuckled -- Jack and I had plans to get Roses for lunch.

Then not even 5 minutes later, there was a delivery of roses... real potted roses.  For me.  I was blown away.






We did end up having Roses for lunch.  (The morning's doctor appointment spoiled it for me, though, and instead of a turkey/mozzarella sandwich on rye with pesto dressing -- YUM -- I got a lame salad.  Dang doctor.)

After work, Jack also treated me to a couple's massage at Massage Envy that was amazing.  NOT as incredible as Jack's hot stone massages, but I was pretty dang pleased.

So the whole day was this tug-of-war between great and not great.  BUT, great always wins.

Because Jack is my champion.  :)

1 comment:

D'On Marx said...

Those are REALLY pretty. I especially love the pot their in.