Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I need your help.

Today marks the first day of the weeklong festivities of celebrating Danielle's day.  Yes, folks.  My birthday is one week away.  And though it is supposed to rain all weekend, thus ruining what my husband calls "unrealistic" plans (we can landscape the entire yard by ourselves in a weekend -- right?!), that is okay.  Because Danielle's day will be wonderful still.

I wanted to post some pictures of the only blooming things I have around this place.






See this leaning tree?
People have said, "Oh, it doesn't lean that bad."  

Um, the house is holding it up, people.
It's that bad.
So I finally granted Jack permission to use a chain saw on it.  Kinda freaks me out.

*****

HERE'S WHERE I NEED THE HELP...

We bought a lot of rocks for the rock wall.

I do mean a lot of rocks.  The only trouble is, the wall is finished and we have all these rocks.  We don't know what to do with them!  (These are about 1/2 of them.)  And I haven't found any ideas on the internet to help me deal with all these rocks.

Here's what I need -- YOUR IDEAS.  Below you will find pictures of my backyard in all its barren glory.  I will welcome ANY IDEA you give about what to do with these rocks.  PLEASE!  :)





I'm at a loss.  Suggestions??

8 comments:

Drewcipher said...

You could use them as the base of a statue for me. Or you could make a sweet outline of a big swirly sun thing right in the middle of the yard, or hidden in a corner.

Carla Kennedy said...

What about a base for a fire pit? You can build the base now and wait on the fire pit 'til end of season... we saw some for $25 at target one year.

Stofam said...

Do you plan on planting more trees? You could use them at the base of your trees!

Colette said...

Here's the thing. When you plant greass, your going to need some curbing. So I'd just save the rocks for boarders.

i.e. http://www.perfectlawnedge.com/Curbing.html

D'On Marx said...

What about making it a driveway on the side of your house. Or build a small wall in front of your property to raise the front yard up a bit. I like Carla's idea a lot.

Kerri Marie said...

A rock river. And I love the idea of a fire pit.

Mitchell Madness...or lack there of :) said...

Do you want to section off an area along the back fence line or anywhere really for a flower bed or a vegetable garden? If so you can build up the border with those rocks and fill it with some dirt..kinda like a raised garden but with rocks instead of wood planks (don't know if this is why you did your current rock wall). I really like the firepit idea..I would do that, but that's just me :) OR...you could put them on craigslist and sell or give them away.

Jessa said...

Wishing well....yup and a wishing well.