Saturday, May 14, 2011

Early Birthday Presents

I'm not gonna lie.



I think that tree is going to crash into our house tonight.  The WIND we're getting right now...!  I'm a little scared.


Despite the wind and potential snow, I have lovely plans of working on the yard for my b-day.  Jack took me shopping last night and today.  Here are some of my goodies...


Periwinkle:

It is a shade-loving, quick-growing ground cover that will hopefully take over the rock wall area until we have enough money to add some height variety.


Honeysuckle

We bought two species.  I love the smell of honeysuckle.  It reminds me of playing outside at my aunt's house in California.


Trumpet Vine
 We actually thought this was a type of honeysuckle too.  But it's not.  We're hoping it will act the same as the honeysuckle, though.


Roses
I had a coupon for a buy 2 get 1 free at Home Depot.  And they were on sale.  So, I got some roses.  I'm not entirely sure where to put them though.


Broom Flower (?)

I can't fully remember the name of this bush and I'm too lazy to get up and check, but I liked how sunny and yellow it is.

We also got some more soil (I had a coupon for that too) and some bricks for a little wall we're building (that wouldn't have worked with the rocks).

The guy at the nursery advised us to keep the plants inside until Tuesday when this storm is supposed to pass.  Now we have one lovely room FULL of green things.  Including our little tomato plants, just biding their time...



Birthday in t-minus 3 days.  :)

5 comments:

Mitchell Madness...or lack there of :) said...

Oooh. I LOVE trumpet vines! Can't wait to see all of your "goodies" planted :)

Anonymous said...

These plants bring back memories to me. Grandpa had a big patch of periwinkles. We would pluck the blooms and suck out the sweet nectar inside. The trumpet vine can really climb: most of the light poles on Main in Farmington are covered with the stuff.

Kerri Marie said...

Your yard will be so pretty!

And Happy Happy Birthday to you! Love you!

Gail said...

Happy birthday beautiful!!!!!!!!!!

Amber and David said...

Ummm.... I have a bone to pick with you woman! Why do you not have comments enabled on your FB page??? I missed your bday!!! Granted I've been sick with everything in the book this week (conjunctivitis in both eyes, bronchitis, the flu, double ear infection, just to name a few) But I am so upset that was NOT reminded by FB about your bday! BOO!!! Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANIELLE!!! Hope your birthday was wonderful and that your birthday week is full of fun festivities! Love you! =)