Before I post about it, however, I want to tell about my week.
Wait, I just had a week? I think most of it was spent laying zombie-like on the couch watching Bones and Veronica Mars. Dang Netflix.
I did hang up our bedroom closet curtain.
It was a Christmas present from Jack's brother and sister-in-law. It likely came from India or some other cool country. Maybe? Anyway, I like it.
The rest of my room is covered in this:
No joke.
Here's my idea:
Apparently I cannot get a job. Why? Because UNR sucks. Big time. I totally meet qualifications and I'd be super at the jobs I've applied for, but ... blah blah blah.
To bring in some extra cash, I was thinking of offering photography sessions for like $20. I'm only a super beginner and I don't think I'd cap the time just yet (need to work on focusing). BUT, I think I can do some okay shots and for $20 for a CD of whatever I've taken. I don't know. Would my fellow blog followers pay for someone like me??
Let me know. And be honest. Because it scares me and excites me.
But mostly scares me. :) I don't want to jump into something I should hold off on until I'm better.
The end.
5 comments:
I would totally pay but I am all the way down here! Darn you!!! I think you have a ways to grow but I have seen the amazing growth you've made since I've been up there. Keep it up! Love ya!
Wish you could do our family shots... maybe a trip to Reno is in our future.
I think you should go for it. You're doing a great job so far. Keep it up! It scares me so bad. I'm thinking of asking my niece to "model" for me. She'd be perfect. I just need to get a better lens and then, one day, a better camera.
Do it. I'll be down at the end of Sept. you can do my girls. :)
Ok Danielle you asked for a honest opinion:
SELLING YOUR CD's RUINS THIS BUSINESS AND WILL RUIN YOU!!!! Think about this, you go through all that work of taking the pictures, maybe even woking them in post process, and then you go and print them at a printer who knows what they are doing (WAL-MART and like places are horrible quality, don't get me into that this time). Then you turn around and after all the work you have done give your client a CD. Now I have two things to say on that. How many of us that have CD's of our prints actually continue to go and print them off, not many if any really do. Secondly you get into the habit of CD offer and it wont get away from you easy if ever, this being if you want and go far with this. Instead having clients come to you for prints is much more lucrative and wont continue to ruin this Photography business. I intern for a destination wedding photographer who has been to Paris on wedding and he says this is a major problem to personal business growth.
I know you and those that read this may not like this or agree with me but then again they aren't actually doing this for a living and having to fight this issue all the time.
HOWEVER if you do give out CD's don't just hand out... CHARGE. Think about all the work you put into it.... Ask any true and honest photographer in the business and they will have the downs about giving CD's and rights away.
Hope we're still friends. :)
BUT I do love to look at your work. Very fresh and new
:)
Post a Comment