I always want to believe we are smack dab in the middle of winter. But, in Reno, Spring won't roll around for another few months. I'm itching. Itching to garden and plant and see little buds grow into edibles. I just went through a seed catalog and wrote down probably $200+ worth of seeds I'd like to buy.
Like this bad boy from Territorial Seed Company (http://www.territorialseed.com):

HOW COOL IS THAT?! Seriously.
Or this:

It's called Longkeeper Tomato. Apparently you can keep these on a shelf for up to THREE MONTHS. WHAT?! That means RIGHT NOW I could be eating a fresh tomato from the garden if I had these bad boys.
Needless to say, I need to whittle down my list. But, I think I will buy these two, at least. Because they are awesome.
Seed catalogs are suuuper cool. Who knew?!
I think I'm also going to try winter sowing. Basically you use milk jugs, soda jugs, water jugs, etc. as mini greenhouses for seeds. You leave the lids off and stick the seeds in their greenhouses outside. Supposedly the seeds grow healthier and sturdier and you don't have to harden the seedlings off when it's time to plant. Really, I just don't have the room inside to start all my seeds, which is why I'm going to try this.
Which is awesome, since we've been waking up to this:
No comments:
Post a Comment