Thursday, August 18, 2011

Do you see what I see??

I went outside tonight to check on my tomato plants.  Jack is usually the one to water them in the mornings and it had been a while since I inspected them.

My how they have grown!


Then I saw this little guy:
Could he be the...

duhn, duhn, duhn...

basil devourer??


BAM!!!!

Then there it was.

Do you see that??

Well, just in case you didn't, here it is again:

A TOMATO!!!!!!

So I got a little closer and dug around.





ALL HOPE IS NOT LOST! 

I'm beyond thrilled!

6 comments:

Mitchell Madness...or lack there of :) said...

Oh how exciting! There are quite a few of them!!! I'm very jealous by the way.

D'On Marx said...

That's so exciting!!

Gail said...

Yay!!!!

Carla Kennedy said...

Ah, congrats! Isn't it so gratifying when all that work in the yard FINALLY yields results!? I think Shawn was as excited as you when he cut his first zuch off the vine this year. Good for you!! :o)

amazon_mom said...

I don't think that the Mantis is the basil eater. They eat other bugs, you want them in your garden, as well as lady bugs, both eat other bugs that are not good for you garden. just FYI. (also I miss you.)

amazon_mom said...

haha, I looked again at the picture, and it looks like a cricket...right? oops, well then, maybe you could buy some mantis' and lady bugs. they could help your garden. :) (what can I say I am blonde for a reason.) still miss you though!)