Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July Part II

My real 4th of July post is below, but I just downloaded pictures to my computer and I'm eager to show you all what we've been up to.


We built a giant raised bed that I loooove.  I think total it cost us about $20 to build.  I KNOW!  These things are like over $100 to buy.  I am so impressed.

I like it so much because it's tall.  I don't have to bend over to tend to our little plants.  There's just one problem...  Filling it up.


You know all those rocks we had??  WELL....


We also fixed our fences and put up a new gate.  It's so nice to be able to let the dogs out back without worrying about them running into the front yard.


Things look a lot different without our tree.  I like it and we haven't really noticed a difference in the heat of our house.  We certainly have a lot of work to do outside.  It seems never ending and that we aren't making a difference at all.  *sigh*  It can be discouraging.


Here's a peek at my dream... well... kinda.



We moved our tomatoes into the raised bed.  I didn't ease them into the move, so they are having a bit of an adjustment.  I may lose a few plants, but we do have 24 plants, so I think it's okay if we lose a few.  ;)


She is just so lazy sometimes it makes me chuckle.  They do love summer which equals swimming in the marina, walks, hikes, dog parks, bbqs, lakes, etc.

2 comments:

D'On Marx said...

This is awesome! I love everything about it. Fabulous job!

Mitchell Madness...or lack there of :) said...

Yeah, redoing a whole yard can seem like it is never going anywhere, but you've already done so much work. It will get done and you will love it! Stick with it and enjoy the summer too! :)