Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Growth

One week ago:

Tonight: 


You can actually see them now!  :)

**************** 
I have some more pictures to share.  Perhaps you don't remember, but I remember well.  That weekend in which the thought of giving up on photography took full command of my mind...

Here are some pictures from that weekend:

On our way down to Sacramento-

The only reasonable picture I got of the bride and groom.  I'm telling ya... I was not a very good photographer on this trip.


But I do adore this picture.  So much.

I'm also a big fan of the next two.  I like stationary things.  And natural light.  :)



ANNND, then there's reception disaster.  These are the only decent pictures I got.  The rest are... horrible. High ISO is kinda an important thing in a really dark place.  And white balance.. say wha?!  haha




*******************
I read a really amazing article on this blog that mentioned that you need to know WHO you are deep down inside before you should even consider being a serious photographer.  I have a loooong way to go before I know what that is, for photography and for my life.  I wish I could grow as fast as my tomato plants.  But sometimes I feel more like the ones my cat got a hold of... chewed up and pathetic, struggling to just make it through the day.  :)

But, in the meantime, I'll be taking pictures.  Lots of them.  My new calling is Relief Society photographer.  haha!  No joke.  It's a made-up calling, but I think it will be fun... and perhaps it's just the thing I need.

So WATCH OUT!

6 comments:

Kerri Marie said...

I love the one of the temple!! And is that you in the bottom pic?

Gail said...

I'd like to see the ones you don't like. You may be harder on yourself then you really need to be. My fave's are the laughing wedding couple and the temple ones. I don't like your plant ones because I'm just jealous I can't grow anything.

DANIELLE said...

That is NOT my eye, but I do appreciate the compliment because it is such a lovely eye. :)

D'On Marx said...

It's so exciting to see a garden grown. OUr's is looking fantastic.

Your pictures are beautiful!! Love them all.

Drewcipher said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie said...

My schnoz looks ginormous.