Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Thoughts on Photography and other things like waterfalls and Jack and stuff

We went to Sacramento this weekend.  It was lovely.  By lovely, I mean it rained the entire time and I froze.  But, the trees were in bloom and I felt a lot of love for the ol' husband o' mine.

And I thought about things.

Here are the things I thought about:

1.  I love God.
2.  I love the temple.
3.  I love Jack.
4.  I love that Jack is mine forever.
5.  I do not love shooting photography at a wedding reception (it was awful... like beyond awful).
6.  I think the 20+ waterfalls we saw on the drive home made up for the awfulness of the said reception.
7.  I am not a reception kind of gal.
8.  I will never ever shoot a camera near a "professional" photographer... especially one that makes LOUD snide remarks to her friends.
9.  I considered giving up photography all together this weekend
10.  I think Jack is great because he talked me out of giving up on photography all together.
11.  I will never be a professional photographer because I cannot handle any sort of pressure.
12.  I think I am a crazy person.  No joke.
13.  Jack likes my crazy.  Most of the time.  Which is good.
14.  The waterfalls on the drive home were not impressive because they were big, but because they were LONG... like, see them stretch from the top of the mountain down into the canyon long.  They were amazing.
15.  Weddings are cool.
16.  Receptions are not.
17.  Hotels CAN be cool.
18.  Ours was not.  (Literally, I woke up in the middle of the night sweating because it was so hot in our room... but that was when we stayed in the rinky dink hotel we weren't planning on staying in.  It just sort of happened.)
19.  Ikea is overwhelmingly awesome.
20.  I thought photography would harness my crazy, but instead it adds fuel to the crazy fire.

20 thoughts.  That's all I had. 

It was a good weekend.

The end.

Note: this is NOT one of the waterfalls we saw.  This is Niagara Falls.  But I put it on here anyway.  So there. 

3 comments:

Anika Mitchell said...

Hey! You're great! And no matter what pictures you take or how you take them are awesome because they're just a little pictorial representation of what you love. And it is way difficult to take pictures at a reception, especially when it's not something you're interested in or wanting to do so I hope you won't be too down about it! I think you are radical! (And don't worry, I won't ask you to take pictures at my reception but you better be there!) I heart you!

Kerri Marie said...

I like your crazy too! It matches mine! :)

D'On Marx said...

I'm sure your photos still look amazing because you're amazing! :) Don't let those snide-y photographers get to you.

I can't wait to take a road trip. It'll be fun (once the money is there).