Sunday, January 30, 2011

Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's 2010

Oh holidays...  they sure are interesting!  :)

My parents came up for Thanksgiving and I loved having them up here.  My dad talked Jack's ear off and my mom made sure our fridge was well stocked (unfortunately, it went out the day before they left -- boohoo!).  We went to Jack's grandparent's house for Thanksgiving Dinnner and it was, um... an experience.  :)  Dinner was wonderful -- way more formal than I am used to, but that's okay.  The trouble came when Jack's hot tempered cousin verbally attacked my dad.  For anyone who knows my dad, I'm sure you can imagine the outcome.  We ended up leaving pretty early and THANK GOODNESS my dad couldn't tell the cops where he was.  :)  I'm still mad at Jack's cousin (won't get over it for awhile) and I vow I will never ever let our families mix again.  *sigh*  good times?





I think that knock-off of the 12 Days of Christmas when the man bemoans putting up Christmas lights seemed to fit our Christmas exactly.  We got a lovely tree and trimmed it with all our ornaments, including a new tradition of adding a new ornament each year.  But, no matter how hard he tried, Jack had no luck with the outside Christmas lights.  If it wasn't one thing, it was another.  But he did finally get them up and they were AMAZING!  We loved coming home from work and seeing our house aglow with Christmas joy.  :)




Our "family" - haha... look at those dogs staring at the cat!



We decided to go to Gridley for Christmas and spend it with the Mitchell's.  We stopped at Jack's mom's house for Christmas dinner.  It was a lovely Christmas!  Jack spoiled me rotten and so did everyone else!  We had a good time slaying aliens, eating mandarins from his grandma's tree, and visiting with family.













We contemplated going to Gridley for New Year's too, but both Jack and I got sick.  We barely stayed awake for the countdown.  Actually, Jack didn't.  I had to wake him up!  :)



1 comment:

D'On Marx said...

I just realized that I haven't been leaving comments. So sorry.

I LOVE that stationary tree in the field. Especially with the haze. Beautiful!