Sunday, November 7, 2010

A little story about my weekend.

This weekend... oh what a weekend.  If you know me at all, you know how much I've been obsessing about this retaining wall we've been working on.  Another story for another day.  Well, I am happy to report IT IS DONE!

Settling in to the aches and pains associated with hauling rocks all day, I decided to shower and get ready for Sunday.  AKA... I needed to shave.

And with shaving comes great risk.  Let it be written.  Let it be known.

I FELL!  In the shower.  With soap all over me.  I fell so hard that I broke the ceramic soap holder and sliced ... dare I say it?  My butt.

I sliced my butt!!

Of all the awkward, dumb places to gash open.

Sobbing (not because it hurt but because I didn't want to pay for a hospital visit!), Jack helped me wipe up the blood and soap, get dressed, and carefully (very carefully) slide into the car and sit on my one good cheek.

And I'm not talking about my kissable one.

Well....

Anyway, so I spent last night in the ER, getting my bootie stitched up.

The man working the ER front desk said:  "At least we know you're clean!"  Funny.

I'd show you pictures -- Jack took some on his cell phone -- but I'll spare you.

Suffice it to say, sitting is rather challenging.

What a BUMMER, huh??

Get it?  BUMmer??  ahaha...

The number of jokes one can come up with in regards to slicing open the butt.  I thought of them all in the ER last night.  Using inappropriate words for bum made me laugh even harder.

I think adrenaline makes me delirious.

I don't suppose anyone wants to kiss my booboo better???

;)

8 comments:

Mitchell Madness...or lack there of :) said...

Lol..while as this is very sad that you got hurt, it is quite amusing at the same time (sorry, I know). Hope you feel better soon :)

D'On Marx said...

I'm so glad you can joke about it. It's a funny story, but I'm sad you got hurt. The hospital bill will be a pain in the rear. lol

Kerri Marie said...

been there done that, but i only sliced off the front of my shin. I'm sure the butt wound hurt pretty bad. Hope your up and about soon (or able to sit soon) Love ya!

amazon_mom said...

ok, so for all of those times that you saw me fall and get hurt, ie.. at the ball field tripping on the corner of the concrete. that is a funny story, I admit I laughed. I am so sorry that you got hurt and had to go to ER. (that is no fun!) It makes me happy that you can make a joke about it. You are a better person than me! (I have always known that!) hang in there!

Gail said...

I heart you! You make me laugh my butt off! Hope you aren't too uncomfortable walking.. ouch!

Lynsey @ Run Love said...

LOL! that is classic. You're definitely going to be the BUTT of every joke for awhile. Sorry couldn't help the joke, I'll try not to be so AS(S)inine next time :)

Amie Jo said...

Hi, I am so sorry that I don't know you better because I laughed so hard. I can't believe that happened! How many people do you really think that has
EVER happened to? You, my dear, are one in a million...literally! So anyway, I will re-introduce myself. I am one of Kerri's many sisters inlaw. I couldn't make it to the park the day you shot Kerri's and Missy's pics but I am going to be in Reno for the holiday this weekend and was wondering if there was any way we could get you to take our pictures...? Pretty Please? I don't know if you are even going to be in town or anything but if you had time I would love to have you take some shots for us. I loved the ones you posted for the other girls. They are not original and I WANT SOME! Kidding...I have had 2 more kids since the last family photo and really need an update. I think you would definitely do an awesome job. So if you could email me at amiemiller02 at hotmail.com or call if you see this after tuesday (I am leaving for reno on Weds.) 775-962-2374. I would really appreciate it if you have the time.
Thanks so much,
Amie

Amie Jo said...

I made the mistake of proof-reading my comment after I posted it and it says "not original" I meant to say original. I am sorry, I am a little retarded...I typed something else the first time around and it sounded stupid so I re-typed that part and as you can see, it still looks stupid...now. Please know that I love your pictures and original is definitely what I was looking for. :)
A