Saturday, January 9, 2010

This is for D'On...

My sister is of the opinion that our house should be beautiful by this point in time.  I guess after living here for six months, it should be close... BUT, the following is reality:

The master bedroom

If you couldn't tell, we've got a bit of some clothing issues.  As in, our clothes don't obey us when we tell them to go to their drawers.
You'll also notice the blank walls, no curtains, a poor paint job (which will be covered by crown molding someday), and...well, we're just not finished with this room at all.


But let me show you what we dream of for this room.  (I'll only show one picture)
http://megduerksen.typepad.com/whatever/

Ah, lovely, isn't it??  Oh yes, we have plans.  Granted ours will be in a black/white/red and possibly silver? color scheme.
Reality:
The massage room.
You'll see a reoccuring theme.  Three actually.  No curtains.  No decorations.  No order.  We live in chaos.  You'd think with me having no job all of this would be pristine.  And if you think that, you don't know me very well.

Inspiration:


I don't know where I got this picture - sorry!  (Hopefully I don't get in big trouble.)  Bench shelves!  Genius!  I love it.  Jack I think wants regular shelves lining the walls, but I would love these.

Once again, reality:


The guest bedroom, which we have decided will become, instead, the exercise/office/sitting room??  Not sure.  Scary init?

Oh the dreams:

I wish I had sources for you folks.  I am *in love* with the hoops on the wall.
And, as an accent color (in accessories, not the walls.)

And, since we're dreaming, here are a few other inspiration pics without sources (so sorry!):

 
 
Above is the living room inspiration.
Followed by outside inspiration (just the pergola, not the people)
 
And more living room loveliness.
 
 

The resolution this year is a little more doing and a little less dreaming.  Especially since this is what I'm looking at (and currently working on):


Ugly brown doors.
And I do mean ugly.



I found out I could paint them, and so, slowly, I have been.  So far I've painted, uh, one.

But last night I decided to paint two at once, in the entryway.


I'm on paint coat number one on one side of the doors and just primer on the other sides.  Do you know how long and obnoxious painting doors take?  While painting, I've been serenaded by my dogs growling and playing in the front room.  They are outside right now because they just pooped inside.  You'd think they'd be out of that stage, but noooo...Grrr...
It doesn't help that I have to keep these blasted doors open while paint dries and the garage is like sub-zero.  And the house is cold.  And Jack's at work.  (Not that that has anything to do with my project, but just stating it so everyone knows that there are no options of warmth for me.)

So, D'On, now you can see.  We are nowhere NEAR any place of "finished" on the house.  Sorry to disappoint.

Off to do another coat of paint!

Coming soon will be Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's pics.  Don't wet yourselves in anticipation.  (I'd have to stick you outside with the dogs.)

4 comments:

D'On Marx said...

You know. I should've known. Especially since we shared a room for um, 16 yrs or something like that. You were never the "pristine" one. I was. LOL! Keep up the "good work". LOL!

Kerri Marie said...

LOL when we were there it was no where near that messy! LOL Have you brought in a few things from the garage? Like um... Shoes. lol Miss ya! Oh yeah just a heads up not sure if you would be able to make it but we are having a baby shower for Carla at my house on Feb.27th since she will be in town. =) How is everything else going?

Kerri Marie said...

Also Carla has a blog now =)

http://baby-kennedy.blogspot.com/

Jeanna Hayes said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your "dream" choices! Can I copy? :) And don't worry, the reality is always there for everyone - I've been in my house going on 3 years and my bedroom is function ONLY. Not cute at ALL! So keep livin' the dream!!!! :) Your place will be oh-so-gorgeous :).