Thursday, August 13, 2009

Small progress on the house

Attention folks: We will NEVER be finished with our house.

This is a lie.
(I keep telling myself this. But, part of me believe it's true.)

Here are some "progress" pictures of the house -- funny how it doesn't look much different, even after a month + of work.... (bitter much? No. Just tired of looking for clothes in boxes.)

Before we got the house I peeked in the front windows and got these shots:

The front of the house with the still busted garage door -- surprisingly the grass is actually greener then than it is now! :)

Jack and I believe slave labor is allowed on all our house projects. Sean, Jack's poor unsuspecting cousin, has been chosen as our victim.
(This is the guest bedroom)

The living room minus the carpet.
(What a disaster, huh?? It looks significantly better now, if you can look past the boxes)

The guest bedroom without carpet. (Check out the gorgeous yellow paint at the bottom of the walls! Yikes!)

This is the massage room/office/recently decided library. YES we are going to make it a library! Love it!!

Our bedroom floor with Jack saying "I love YOOOUUU!"
sorry it's crooked!

We have some EXCELLENT and wonderful and beautiful (and available, men!) friends who helped us prepare and paint the floors. They are the BEST!

And here's where I forgot to grab my purse before we painted the floors. See? What lovely friends!

There will be loads of pics of the house once things settle down. (Next year maybe??)

No comments: