I found some pictures at work from the last conference that I wanted, so I'm adding them to my blog.
I love my job!
The 2006 Conference staff
Howard Lederer (World Series of Poker champion), Judy (my boss), Jeffrey Pollack (WSOP Commissioner), and Steve Lipscomb (Pres. of World Poker Tour)
Me and the Conference staffers at a reception. I would have gone bonkers without them!! They were LIFE SAVERS!
The beautiful reception display. I got to pick all the food. That was a challenge. "Judy, what's brie?" Yeah.
Me, dutifully working at the computer during the conference.
This is really how I felt the whole week of the conference. EEK!
And this is really how people felt towards me the whole week of the conference. :)
The beautiful registration desk where I spent the first two days furiously trying to find name badges and trouble shoot and welcome and....
I included this because it almost shows how many people we had the pleasure of entertaining for a week. There were close to 400 people from all over the world. Sweet!
Pondering the importance of all the Institute's books... :)
I maybe shouldn't include this picture, but I LOVED this guy. (I'm trying not to use names to keep some confidentiality.) Anyway, he was a professional gambler--very smart and very charming. He wore a disguise the whole week at the conference and the graduate students followed him around like eager beavers. It was hilarious!
Here I am with one of the conference delegates. I met some very nice, wonderful people.
I am putting on the same conference in May of 2009. It's the best! Slightly stressful (like alot, to the point that I am dreaming about it), but when I get to see it all come successfully together, nothing is sweeter. It's a way cool job.
This is what I do!
4 comments:
I was wondering what you did. Looks like fun. Who doesnt want to throw parties all the time. Oh and I love all your sun flowers all over the place, and the quote. Take Care.
WOW! It really makes me feel for the people who cordinate our Lia Sophia conferences.
Oh Chloe wanted to say hi...
,m ruhjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjhfvmvkujrjhfrhgfhjvhjhjvjdcfjckchcgbvkxkxcgewkwsjhfhnf
So HI! =)
Dang! I'm glad you enjoy it! I love putting together parties, but I don't know if I could do it for that many people because I'd be constantly stressed!
Hey you! Thanks for posting about what you do, I can never remember! Must be that mom-nesia thing or something (hey it's a good excuse!=) Hope you're doing well!
Post a Comment