Friday, August 15, 2008

Relief Society Campout

A couple weekends ago we had a Relief Society campout. Alecia and I were the latest group to leave from Reno. She got home late from work and I was a bit, uh, distracted while packing because a certain boy was over.

Jeff Olson drove up with us, and I let him drive my car. NEVER AGAIN!!! I thought I was going to die. The campsite was about an hour or so away in Graegle, and we got up just in time for some peach and cherry cobbler made by the Bishop's wife. YUM!! (She is a domestic goddess.)

(Bishop's wife, Sis. Homer and Holly Homer)

We had a "fireside" around the fire (ha!) and played some games. The next morning we woke up (some better than others)...


(Bro. Steele from the bishopric. He's one of my FAVORITES!)

...ate a huge breakfast...

(Alecia and Sis. Steele attempting to mix pancake batter on a plate)


(Katie cooking away.)

...packed up and left.

(Jenna looking...um...happy??)

It was a very quick trip, but enjoyable.

Admittedly, I had a terrible night's sleep and longed for the cabin at Buck's Lake. That was mine and Alecia's next destination. Pictures to come...



2 comments:

D'On Marx said...

So fun! I wish our RS would do something like that. It looks like so much fun! Cobbler....YUM!

Kerri Marie said...

I agree i think girls should be aloud to camp to!!! But what to do with the kids? hmmm...