Some things went down tonight that concern me. From least to most important:
1.) Obama was reelected.
2.) I believe people love a handout. Even if it means bad things for them in the future.
3.) Society/Americans/People want change, but don't create change.
4.) I encountered more shocking prejudice and ignorance in regards to my religion. It never ceases to amaze me. Never, ever.
5.) Even though I was/am angry, I didn't work out as hard as I needed to.
What? My priorities are totally legit.
At any rate, Jack and I talked tonight about how neither of us have ever felt a strong sense of allegiance to this country... i.e. the phrase "I am proud to be an American" has never meant much to us.
Perhaps Canada is in our future? It's awfully cold there, though. And they use the metric system, which, let's be honest, makes me proud I'm an American.
So there you have it.
1 comment:
Oh man, do I ever feel your pain! I want to write more to you about this (maybe via skype) from something I read on facebook that irks me. I'll save it for later! :) I still enjoy my freedom and God didn't choose this land for his people for no reason. ;)
Post a Comment