Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Man I Loathe

To rest a bit this fine day (when clearly I should have been doing my school assignment, like now), Jack and I decided to watch "The Duchess".

I just want to say it was the STUPIDEST, SADDEST, most RIDICULOUS movie I have ever watched and I vow to never, ever, ever watch it again.

WARNING: don't watch it.

Here's the synopsis: beautiful girl marries wealthy old duke. He wants a boy. She only births girls. He has multiple affairs, even with her only friend, and she has to be okay with it. She tells stupid evil husband she's in love with someone else. He rapes her. She births boy finally. He won't give up the best friend. She goes after this other man she loves. They have an affair together, she gets pregnant. Stupid evil husband makes her give up the baby and come home. She does because she doesn't want to lose her other children. The man she truly loves gets engaged. Movie basically ends by saying that the man she loved eventually became Prime Minister, she secretly visited the child she was forced to give up, the three stupid heads continued living together until she dies. It is on her deathbed that she gives permission for her best friend to marry her husband, who I despise more than any other man in any movie I've ever watched.

Stupidest of all stupid movies. It was HORRIBLE!!! I sat on the couch bawling for like 20 minutes after it was over. Jack had to put in "Robin Hood Men in Tights" to get me to stop.

There's my rant and my warning. UGH!

Serves me right for not working on my schoolwork. :)

4 comments:

D'On Marx said...

That sounds a lot like a movie I watched. I can't remember the title, but it left me feeling sick in the stomach at the end. I won't watch that one either. Thanks for the heads up. OH! It was The Other Boylen(sp?) Girl. I wonder if the book was any better?!

Gawdun said...

It just looked lame from the commercials.

Gawdun said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gawdun said...
This comment has been removed by the author.