Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Get to Know You

Don't you love these things?? Hey, when a Wednesday feels like it should be Friday, I'm entitled to a little endulgance.



1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? definitely gift bags -- wrapping paper is my enemy2. Real tree or Artificial? Real!!
3. When do you put up the tree? Ideally, Thanksgiving weekend.

4. When do you take the tree down? A couple weeks after Christmas

6. Favorite gift received as a child? My purple Barbie car--it's what I remember most

7. Hardest person to buy for? Mom and Dad
8. Easiest person to buy for? Boyfriends. :)
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, but I blastedly left them in Las Vegas. Grr...

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? The costly but so much more personal MAIL

11.Worst Christmas gift you ever received? These super cheap, disgusting chocolates and...interesting...sweater. But, I agree with D'On--my "salt away" presents weren't so cool at first, but now that I have a closet full of cool and nice kitchen gadgets, I'm itching to use them (and collect even more?) -- still salting away for that wedding day...

12.Christmas Movie? None in particular...

13. When do you start shopping? I think after Thanksgiving is when the panic sets in.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes. hahaha

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Pomegranite salad, clam dip, WAFFLES and Mom's egg casserole thing....yummy!!
16. Lights on the tree? Yes, of course.

17. Favorite Christmas song? How about Christmas CDs? My favorites (and the staples of my Christmas season) are Carpenters, Nat King Cole and 98 Degrees

18.Travel at Christmas or stay home? This is a tricky question...TECHNICALLY I travel for Christmas, but I stay home, too. :) Vegas is the place I want to be this year! (Two years on the mish is long enough!)
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yep. Handy dandy songs help for that

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? Christmas morning!!!

22. Favorite ornament theme or color? None. I'm not picky. Especially if they have sentimental value
23. Favorite food for Christmas dinner? I don't have Christmas dinner, but breakfast, in which case it is WAFFLES! yummmmm

24. What do you want for Christmas this year? Superficially: running shoes, weight watchers, and scentsy candles. (I wouldn't mind a nice wool coat BUT it is super expensive and can wait.) NON-superficially: To be at home, have Jack come home with me, talk to Cory for a really long time, hold baby Emily Danielle (Laura's new one), hug and kiss nieces and nephews, glory in the joy of being completely surrounded by those I love best.

25. Outside decorations? Yep

26. Favorite Tradition? Clearly, Christmas breakfast. :) I love have 30+ people climbing all over each other and laughing and eating yummy food and enjoying the chaos of it all. I LOVE MY FAMILY!



Can I tag people??



I tag: Jack (haha), D'On, Kerri, Amber, Darrell, Lynsey and Alecia. (Chances are the last three won't see this post until next year...)

2 comments:

D'On Marx said...

BUT - I already did this one! LOL...I just didn't post it on the blog! I could just copy and paste. I'm a cheater!! :D

D'On Marx said...

Funny story...Kayden and I were looking at the pictures from the Birthday party and asked him what Jack's name was. Of course he couldn't remember, but he did remember that he played soccer with him.